Looking for other products similar to this?
Elegant Projects using classic motifs and colours.
Simple stitches, elegant and quirky motifs & a classic colour scheme combine to create 30 fun embroidery projects for all skill levels!
Calming blues from a day at the beach, the soft white tones of clouds and seashells--we never tire of pairing shades of blue with white. In this book, author Kozue Yazawa draws inspiration from the natural world and her own surroundings, using an array of classic nautical motifs to evoke a sense of elegance and nostalgia.
Lessons demonstrate the basic embroidery stitches and give tips for tracing the templates, making it easy to embroider these designs even if you've never picked up a hoop and needle before.
Follow the simple instructions and diagrams to turn your embroidery into delightful things to make and use, like:
- A sea urchin pincushion, conch shell scissors holder and needle book for your sewing supplies
- Tote bags sporting anchors, starfish, and sailor hats to carry anything you might need--from groceries to supplies for a day at the beach
- An elegant garland of flowers for your wrist and a stylish shawl to keep warm
- A notebook cover and keychain charms to elevate your accessories
- And much more--30 projects in all!
These projects are easy to complete quickly, but fun to savour slowly, leaving room for creativity. Let Blue & White Embroidery be just the start of adding this well-loved colour scheme to your favorite things.
About the Author:
Kozue Yazawa designs and exhibits embroidery that is inspired by sunny beaches, the views from her home town of Yokohama, Japan, and traditional French embroidery style and motifs. She is an embroidery instructor, baker and lover of cats.
Hardback. 96 pages. Tuttle Publishing.