Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks who cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life.
The intention at Laine is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl - It's a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.
Coming soon - Issue 19 Winter 2024 - Pre Order now open and Global release date is 8 December 2023
The Winter season (in the North of the planet) has sparked Kaolinite, which celebrates the meditative nature of crafts. The beautiful, serene photos were taken in a ceramics studio, and the patterns offer a relaxing break from the everyday.
Issue 19, Winter 2024, includes:
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 4 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 2 vests, 1 skirt, 1 shawl, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with the Japanese artist Tomomi Mimura, who uses basic darning stitches to embroider charming animal characters.
- An article about the American sheep shearer Pony Jacobson, and why this age-old craft is vital both for sheep’s health and the textile industry.
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: A regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Sari Monroy, a fibre artist and writer who draws on her Mayan Kaqchikel heritage.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who explores what kind of skills knitters should practise to increase their brain health.
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet Atia, who knits in her beautiful London living room.
- Seasonal recipes and book reviews.
Designers featured in this issue: Alexandra Atepaeva, Jennifer Brou, Maxim Cyr, Ronja Hakalehto, Helga Isager, Pauliina Leisti, Agata Mackiewicz, Yukie Onodera, Marie Régnier, Jacqueline van Dillen and Veera Välimäki.
Latest issues now available here. However you can buy, at a special reduced price, some of the older Back issues of the ever popular Laine Magazines here. As the patterns rarely go out of style, snap these up to complete your collection.