Laine Magazine newest issue 11 Marjoram now available
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks who cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life.
The intention at Laine is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl - It's a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.
Issue 11 - Marjoram
Features 11 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated, with designs by Stella Ackroyd, Christelle Bagea, George Cullen, Jonna Hietala, Gudrun Johnston, Marianne Munier, Paula Pereira, Eri Shimizu, Nataliya Sinelshchikova and Stephen West.
- Interview with Diane Ivey of Lady Dye Yarns written by Jeanette Sloan
- knitting app Knitrino
- Yarningham yarn festival written by Jeanette Sloan
- knitting and cognitive skills by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro
- a column by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes, book reviews and the Laine Favourites section.
Issue 10 - Rooted
12 knitting patterns inspired by Winter seasons from the following designers: Denise Bayron, Aleks Byrd, Maxim Cyr, Midori Hirose, Julie Hoover, Natasja Hornby, Mieka John, Tif Neilan, Rievive, Veera Välimäki and Sylvia Watts-Cherry.
- Interview with Denise Bayron
- G-Uld by Lotta Löthgren
- BIPOC in Fiber by Jeanette Sloan
- knitting and well-being by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro
- Column by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes, book reviews, Laine Favourites section
- no digital download code (the magazine is only available in physical format)
- 148 pages
Issue 9 - 1833
Shot in the beautiful Finnish archipelago it includes interesting articles and 13 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Olga Buraya-Kefelian, Aleks Byrd, Renée Callahan, Verena Cohrs, Elly Fales, Whitney Hayward, Marianne Munier, Lavanya Patricella, Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre, Susanne Sommer and Becky Sørensen.
Issue 7 - Kouta
11 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Lærke Bisschop-Larsen, Kiyomi Burgin, Aleks Byrd, Kristin Drysdale, Carol Feller, Whitney Hayward, Natasja Hornby, Dami Hunter, Renate Kamm, Meiju K-P, Nancy Marchant, Alejandra Pont and Stephen West.