Otira Cardigan is so easy to wear. Pop her on with your favourite jeans or dress her up with a gorgeous dress and heels for a night on the town. The waterfall front opening drapes so beautifully that you don’t need to add buttons, but if you like to do your cardigans up, you could easily add a wee button at each corner of the waterfall and wear her ballet cardigan style. You will be working top down, using the contiguous sleeve method developed by Susie Myers, SusieM on Ravelry http://ravelry.com/people/SusieM
Sizes are measured by upper bust circumference:
XS – 76 cm / 30 in
S – 86 cm / 34 in
M – 97 cm / 38 in
L – 107 cm / 42 in
XL – 117 cm / 46 in
XXL – 127 cm / 50 in
XXXL – 137 cm / 54 in
XXXXL – 147 cm / 58 in.
- Approximately 1190m - 2100 metres of 4 ply / fingering weight yarn which was designed for a drapey blend of 50:50 silk and merino.
- 3.25 mm circular knitting needle**
- 3.5 mm (US 4) circular knitting needle**
- 4 stitch markers (plus extras if you’d like to use them throughout the textured hem panel - there are no instructions for this, so use them at your own discretion)
- waste yarn for your sleeve stitches
- darning needle.
* Always make sure that your gauge matches the pattern as we all knit at different gauges — especially if you’re substituting yarn.
**The sample was made in size M and used approximately 1330 metres. If substituting yarn, use approx 1190 (1330, 1440, 1530, 1700, 1820, 1980, 2100) m / 1300 (1460, 1580, 1670, 1860, 1990, 2170, 2300) yd fingering weight (4ply) yarn.
** Or needles that will allow you to achieve correct gauge.
26 sts x 35 rows = 10 x 10cm (4 x 4in), on 3.5mm (US 4) needles, blocked and rested.
Finished bust sizes:
81 (91, 102, 112, 122, 132, 142, 152) cm / 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60) in.
Original design by Vanessa Harper, Creative Director of Hanging Rock Roost - a local graphic designer, pattern designer and prolific knitter based in Geraldine, South Canterbury in New Zealand. This pattern is for a printed product.