Looking for other products similar to this?
Simple and colourful striped beach or tote bag designed by Fay Dashper-Hughes Design in Erika Knight's Gossypium DK weight cotton or equivalent weight 8 ply cotton yarn.
Worked in the round using double crochet and 3 colours of yarn. Optional instructions included for rope handles with grommets (separate purchase from unaffiliated online supplier) and waterproof drawstring inner.
One Size of approximate completed measurements: 40cm wide x 11cm deep x 25cm height (not including handles).
Total meterage approx: 700m. Approx. quantity of 3 colours of yarn required (based on 100m per 50g ball) :
3 balls of Colour A (or equivalent 300m)
2 balls of Colour B (or equivalent 200m)
2 balls of Colour C (or equivalent 200m)
Crochet Gauge. It is always worthwhile swatching to get the size you want in this project.
- (base) - rows: 19.5 stitches and 24 rows measured over a 10cm swatch of Double Crochet pattern with 3mm crochet hook.
- (body of bag) - rounds: 19.5 stitches and 22 rounds measured over a 10cm swatch.
Recommended Needles & Notions:
- 3.5mm and 3mm crochet hooks
- Place markers
- Tapestry needle for sewing up and finishing
- Handles of your choice eg. upholstery rope, leather straps etc
- Grommets (available instore - contact us for options)
Printed Leaflet Only