Colour your World!
Ashford's newest product - Introduction to Dyeing Kit- is a great and easy way for you to start your journey into colouring your own yarns. These can be one-of-a-kind beauties to go with some of the lovelies already in your stash which needed a special friend to play with! Why not get started today?
The kit contains:
- 1 x Ashford wool dye Hot Pink 10gm
- 1 x Ashford Wool Dye Yellow 10gm
- 1 x Ashford Wool Dye Black 10gm
- 1 x Ashford Wool Dye Blue 10gm
- 2 x 100gm Skeins of Yarn - 75% Wool 25% Nylon, 4 ply fingering weight, 100gm net at standard condition / 400m (437yds), Machine washable, Tension 10cm (4”) square =26–28 sts x 36 rows 2.75 – 3.25mm (2 – 3 US)
- Instructions - including colour theory ad colour recipes
- Colour wheel
When made up, the dyes will be enough to dye 4kg of yarn or fibre. so once you have made the dye up, you can purchase more yarn or fibre ready for dyeing here! And if you get bitten by the dyeing bug, you can get more of the above primary colours or explore some of the other 12 Ashford dye colours here (& also here) too.
Ashford wool dyes are perfect for dyeing all protein fibres, yarns and even fabrics - as long as it is a protein fibre our dyes will dye it! You can use on Wool, Silk, Cashmere, Mohair, Angora, Llama, Alpaca, Vicuna, Feathers and any other protein fibre you can think of. The only mordant required is white vinegar. You can use the microwave method, stove top, slow cooker or steam methods for Ashford dyes.
View Ashford's Dyeing Tutorials Here or View Kate of Ashford's YouTube video