Preorders open for customers: 21 April.
Publication day: 20 May, 2022.
For a small country on the Baltic Sea, Estonia’s tradition and love for handicraft greatly surpasses its size. Estonian knitting is all about techniques, embellishment and regionality. Each knit tells a story about the knitter and where they live.
Aleks Byrd's book Traditions Revisited – Modern Estonian Knits is an introduction to Estonian knitting, both traditional and traditional-inspired. It includes 19 patterns, ranging from mittens to sweaters, that blend seamlessly with modern knitting styles.
- 19 knitting patterns (10 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 1 dress, 1 vest, 2 shawls, 1 cowl, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks, 1 fingerless mitts pattern, 1 mittens pattern)
- All sweaters and cardigans come in 10 sizes and fit a bust circumference from approximately 80cm (32") up to 165cm (66") at minimum
- Detailed, illustrated tutorials for 5 traditional Estonian knitting techniques
- Both charts and written instructions provided
- Printed in Latvia
- 260 pages. Hardback. Print only, no digital download code available.